Julie L. Kantor
60 Washington Street
Salem, MA 01970
Attorney Julie L. Kantor is a recent admission to the practice of law with a long history in the maritime and environmental industries.
After graduating from the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, she spent ten years in environmental compliance for various private and government entities. Ms. Kantor managed the hazardous waste programs for various companies and industries. She also managed other environmental programs including spill prevention, storm water, and solid waste, which provides her with a strong regulatory background and understanding of Administrative and Environmental Law. After working in this field for six years in Massachusetts, Ms. Kantor moved to California and provided the same services for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
After ten years in the workforce, Ms. Kantor decided to attend the University of San Francisco School of Law. As a law student, Ms. Kantor spent all three years as an Editor on the USF Maritime Law Journal. She was also an editor on USF’s Law Review. While a law student, Ms. Kantor also clerked at Gibson Robb & Lindh, LLP.
Attorney Kantor is thrilled to be back in Massachusetts, providing Farrell Smith O'Connell LLP with added expertise in Admiralty & Maritime Law, and Environmental & Regulatory compliance.
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Oil Pollution and Environmental Law
- Regulatory Compliance
- General Litigation
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy, B.S. Marine Safety & Environmental Protection, 2004
- Silver Lake Regional High School, 2000
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Julie Kantor, COMMENT: Good Day Sunshine: Bad Day For The Third-Party Purchase Agreement, 51 U.S.F. L. REV. 571 (May, 2017)